Thursday, June 9, 2011

Making my first 'CAKE SOAP'

Today was a crisp cool day in the town of Algoma, WI. Crisp clean air along the lakefront, bright sunny day, with a gentle breeze coming off the lake. It was simply beautiful!

Since it was slightly crisp outside, I decided to turn my soap shop into a soap production shop. Today I made my first cake soap, using a 12 cup Silicone Bunt cake mold I created a rich cream soap that smells of divine Pears. Yellow and Green swirls dance amongst each other mingling to create a unique scent that you and I both know and love as deliscous Pear Glace, the famous fragrance from Bath & Body Works was making it's way into my soap shop in the form of a cake!

Tomorrow I will be unmolding the Pear Glace Cake Soap and creating a rich Cocoa Butter Cream Glaze that will be drizzled over the top of the Pear Glace Cake, a glaze that has real chocolate in it and it's all 100% FAT FREE!

Proof that you can have your cake and bath with it too, without gaining a single pound!

Tomorrow, cupcake soaps are on the list of things to do! OH I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment